In term 4 room nineteen have been learning about the planets in the solar system. My presentation is about the planet Saturn, and I hope you really enjoy it.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
I hope this information helps you now and in the future.
1. Jupiter is the largest gas planet in the solar system.
2. This planet is the largest planet in solar system.
3.You can see Jupiter with your own eyes.
4. Jupiter is the fastest spinning planet.
5. Jupiter can’t even become a star.
6. Jupiter has been visited by 7 spacecrafts from Earth.
1. Venus is actually earths twin.
2. Venus is so bright it casts it's own shadows.
3. Many probes have landed on the surface of Venus.
4. There’s a spacecraft there right now.
5. People used to think Venus was tropical.
6. Venus rotates backwards compared to the other planets.
1. Neptune’s surface gravity is almost Earthlike.
2. Neptune is the smallest of the gas giants.
3. Neptune has the strongest winds in the Solar System.
4. Neptune is the coldest planet in the Solar System.
5. Neptune’s moon Triton is even colder.
6. Neptune has only been visited once up close. There are no plans to visit Neptune again.
Every Friday before lunch room 19 goes to ripper rugby. On our first day of ripper rugby (tag) our instructor asked if any of us knew how to play tag or touch we said yes. So instead of him teaching us some skills we went straight to game.
My groups team leader was Jonty and we were the black team, there were three teams so one team had to stay off until a team had got two tries. We versed the white team, in the first round of games I got one try but the other team had got two, so we had to go off. Then they lost so we came back on.
When I finally got the ball I stepped Ervin, span past Tracey and Cruz and ran for the goal line I run as fast as I could because I was running from my goal line to theirs but luckily I got the run away try, I was so happy and relived because I thought I was going to get tagged.
When we left I wanted to play again. I really can't wait until this Friday.
It was a quiet Thursday night and tonight was the big night. It was the year 7&8 SOCIAL!!!The theme for the social was 'Glow In The Dark'. As I was getting ready for social I was feeling really excited and nervous at the same time because this is the first time that I've ever been to a social.
It was finally time to go. When I walked into the school grounds I saw my friend
Cael, we said hi and started going towards the hall. I gave my ticket to the people at the door and went inside. There were lights flashing everywhere, people were wearing glow sticks around their wrists and necks. Everyone was dancing to the music, then the people running it said it was time for the dougie competition.
Mostly the boys started to dougie, jerk and shuffle. Only about 4 girls dougied, The person who won the dougie competition was De'Vyne.
When everyone was getting into the music Tanielu said it was time for suppa. As soon as everyone ate their sausages and drank they drinks we went back into the hall. When it came to an end everyone was feeling sad that we couldn't stay any longer.
That was a very cool social. I can't wait till next year, I hope the next one will be as good as this one.